RETHINK REUSE 520 Bridge Competition
Jury discussion and announcement of winners
A look back at the outcome and judging process of the “Transforming Seattle’s 520 Floating Bridge: 2012 International Design Ideas Competition.” The jury panel includes:
- Robert E. Hull, FAIA, Architect – Founding Partner and Lead Designer of Miller|Hull Partnership, LLP
- Ev Ruffcorn, FAIA, Architect – Design Principal at NBBJ
- Shannon Nichol, PLA, ASLA, LEED AP, Landscape Architect – Director of Gustafson Guthrie Nichol
- Ellen Sollod, Environmental Artist and Designer – Principal at Sollod Studio
- Mark Hinshaw, FAIA, FAICP, Urban Designer – Principal and Director of Urban Design at LMN Architects
The panel will discuss the types of designs seen and the potential for the “upcycling” of the 520 floating bridge. The winners of the competition will also be announced.
Friday, September 21
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
415 Westlake Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98109
Tickets: Free with ticket to Upcycle Seattle event (combined event)
RETHINK REUSE in partnership with Washington State University School of Design and Construction and co-presented by Design in Public
View the results of this competition in the "Transforming Seattle's 520 Floating Bridge Design Ideas Competition Exhibit."